If there’s one thing that causes me to roll my eyes, it is people patting themselves on the back for doing things they are expected to be doing. It’s for that reason that I don’t typically go-on about what our team is up to behind the scenes for the benefit of our clients.
But I also recognize that most people don’t realize what it takes to be a professional in this industry and for us to be ready when your questions arise. And you may want to know.
It’s my job to know enough about most financial topics and the nitty-gritty details in the areas I specialize in, such as retirement and investment planning. For us to be the professionals in this area, so that you don’t have to, we spend countless hours:
- Continually monitoring and following-up on your strategies and objectives (for planning clients)
- Documenting all client interactions, research, and servicing (on our secure systems)
- Adhering to the multitude of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Connecting with accountants and attorneys to review changes in tax and estate law
- Knowing the current options for savings, insurance, investments, and retirement income
- Researching portfolio managers and understanding their unique services
- Staying on top of market activity and economic indicators
- Keeping up with changes in technology so we can be flexible and efficient in serving you
- Writing regular communications to clients with educational topics, reminders, and alerts
- Maintaining Continuing Education as required by the CFP Board and by state and federal regulators, due to my various securities and insurance licenses.
- Pursing advanced certificates and training, to stay an on top of this ever-changing industry
Our goal is to be prepared... to help you make decisions that move you closer to your financial objectives.
As always, thank you for your business and your referrals! Please don't hesitate to reach out any time you have a question, concern or a thought to share. We want to hear from you.